Japan International Language Academy (JILA)
Fukuoka is the largest city in Kyushu area. Though the area is not as wide as Tokyo or Osaka, you can still access to everything here. The living cost is relatively cheaper than Tokyo. We proudly recommend Fukuoka city to live with delicious local food and friendly people.
Fukuoka is representing city of Kyushu, but once you came to suburbs, you can see and enjoy the Japanese unique scenery such as Beppu or Yufuin hot spring in Oita city and Kuju National park in Kumamoto prefecture.
We actively collaborate with universities and colleges all over in Japan. Courteous guidance and advice will be also provided by friendly staff so that to you can achieve goals. Your goal setting will be done when you first come to our school and we follow up reguraly to support your learning journey.
JILA will provide possible employment information and find the placement for a job to those who have N2 certificate.
We provides rental apartment, because our group company own many student dormitories. You don't need to worry about housing.
We also have partner schools in Hakodate and Kyoto.
- 3-20-3 Shimizu, Minato-ku, Fukuoka 815-0031, Japan
- Nearest station
- 9 minutes by foot from Takamiya station, Nishitetsu Tenjin-omuta Line.
- Admission requirements
- Academic: Completed a 12-year school curriculum in your country.
Language: JLPT 4 grade (N5) or equivalent.
- Selection method
- Document screening and Interview
- Main home countries of registered international students
- Russia, Italy, Taiwan, South Korea, Vietnam, Nepal, Indonesia, Thailand, Sri Lanka, Philippines, Mongolia
2 year Course
■ Classroom hours: 1520 ■ Classroom weeks: 76 ■ Enrollment month: April
|First year||Second year||Total|
1.5 years course
■ Classroom hours: 1140 ■ Classroom weeks: 57 ■ Enrollment month: October
|First year||Second year||Total|
1 years course
■ Classroom hours: 760 ■ Classroom weeks: 38 ■ Enrollment month: April
Japanese-Language Proficiency Test Results
|Number of examinees||1||4||23|
|Number of successful examinees||1||8|
- Japanese language education features
JILA uses the latest teaching material called 「Dekiru Nihongo」. JILA is one of a few schools which uses this textbook.
「Dekiru Nihongo」aims to increase what you can do with Japanese Language.
By using this textbook, you can master the practical Japanese language, and can deduct meanings of the vocabulary and work out the sentence patterns. It's a comprehensive textbook, covers from basic to high-level grammar and focuses on listening and speaking skills. JILA uses easy learning textbooks.
- Major academic results
- Oita university, Japan University of Economics, Fukuoka Kokudo Kensetsu Technical College, Tokyo International Business College etc.
- Enrollment period
- 2 years course : 1st September～30 November、Enrollment in the mid April／1.5 years course：1st March～30 May、Enrollment in the mid October：1st September～30 November, Enrollment in the mid April
- Results announcement period
- 2 years course・１ years course：February／1.5 years course : August
- Class type (afternoon/evening)
Morning class : 09:00~12:50 / Afternoon class : 13:10~17:00
- Scholarship availability
We provides scholarship for students with outstanding academic results
- Employment support
JILA will introduce companies to those students who wish to work in Japan.
- Student housing
- Student housing costs
- Administration fee ：25,000 yen～27,000 yen
Monthly rent ：25,000 yen～27,000 yen
（The expenses must be paid in advance）
Administration fee ： 25,000 yen～ 27,000 yen
6 months rent ：150,000 yen～162,000yen
Total ：175,000 yen～189,000 yen
- Course capacity
- Halal meal availability
- Place of worship availability
- Part time work support