Hokkaido High-Technology College Japanese Language Department
In Hokkaido, with its surrounding natural beauty, welcomes tourists from countries all over the world. Students enjoy learning about Japanese society and culture through a variety of extracurricular activities. They take classes which best suit their Japanese level when they begin their studies and their ultimate goal.
- 5-10-6 Megumi no Nishi Eniwa-shi Hokkaido 061-1396, Japan
- Nearest station
- JR Chitose line Megumi Station
- Admission requirements
- 1. Those who have completed at least 12 years of regular education in their home country.
2. Equivalent to JLPT N5 (former 4 kyu level) or above ※ Students without a passing score on JLPT N5 (former 4 kyu level) or higher can possibly participate in an 8-week pre-enrollment preparation course at Hokkaido High-Technology College between February and March.
- Selection method
- Screening of documents, Interview
- Main home countries of registered international students
- Indonesia, Taiwan, Korea, China, Hongkong etc.
1 year Course (Academic)
■ Enrollment month: April
Japanese-Language Proficiency Test Results (* 2016)
|Number of examinees||4||7||4||0|
|Number of successful examinees||4||7||4||0|
- Japanese language education features
Study Japanese with a combination of kanji (Chinese characters), the primary textbook, sentence pattern practice, listening comprehension, reading comprehension, and conversation.
Joint lessons and club activity with Japanese students from other departments.
Full time school system
- Major academic results
- Hokkaido High-Technology College, Nagano University, Hokkaido University of Science, Sapporo Gakuin University, Sapporo International University, Sapporo Belle Epoque College of Confectionary & Cooking, Sapporo Broadcasting Arts College, Sapporo Medical Secretary Welfare College, Tokyo Designer Gakuin College, Osaka School of Culinary Arts, Hokkaido Eco College of Wildlife and Natural, Osaka School of Music, Sapporo Belle Epoque College of Beauty, Hokusei Gakuen University.
- Enrollment period
- April term students: On 1st February~12December
- Results announcement period
- End of February
- Class type (afternoon/evening)
- Scholarship availability
※Scholarship from Jasso
- Employment support
Yes (we have student career center)
- Student housing
- Student housing costs
- 789,000 Yen/year (can be pay in two installments)
(water fee 32,400 Yen/year, Cleaning fee 27,500 Yen/year)
※private room (1 person) /share room (2 persons) is negotiable.
(It may be possible/impossible depending on room availability)
- Course capacity
- Halal meal availability
You can consult us about halal meal.
- Place of worship availability
You can consult us about place of worship.
- Part time work support