JET ACADEMY Japanese language course
JET Academy was established in 1988 as an educational institution chartered by the Governor of Tokyo. Since its foundation, the main purpose of the school has been to supervise students who wish to enter universities in Japan. The effort has borne fruit---in plenty.
As a recognition of its achievement, the Ministry of Education (now the Ministry of Education and Science) appointed the Academy as a ‘PreparatorySchool’, in 2000.
Within a full-time curriculum, we offer the full-supportive career guidance to universities and graduate schools.
- 7-8-9 kita-ku Takinogawa Tokyo 114-0023, Japan
- Nearest station
- JR Saikyo-line: IIdabashi station
- Admission requirements
- Those who have completed 12 years of regular education or equivalent
- Selection method
- Document screening ( 1 year and 1.5- year College Preparatory Courses have an interview.)
- Main home countries of registered international students
- Taiwan 79, Indonesia 22, Thailand 6, Malaysia 5, Hongkong 5, Korea, USA etc. Total 120 students (April 2017)
College Preparatory Course (2- year / starting in April)
■ Classroom hours: 2000 ■ Classroom weeks: 80 ■ Enrollment month: April
|First year||Second year||Total|
College Preparatory Course (1.5- year / starting in October)
■ Classroom hours: 1560 ■ Classroom weeks: 60 ■ Enrollment month: October
|First year||Second year||Total|
College Preparatory Course (1 year / starting in April)
■ Classroom hours: 1120 ■ Classroom weeks: 40 ■ Enrollment month: April
Japanese Course (1 year / starting in April and October)
■ Classroom hours: 880 ■ Classroom weeks: 40 ■ Enrollment month: April, October
Japanese Course (３ monthes)
■ Classroom hours: 288 ■ Classroom weeks: 12
Japanese-Language Proficiency Test Results (* 2015)
|Number of examinees||45||84||29||4|
|Number of successful examinees||26||58||27||2|
- Japanese language education features
Refer to the following website for detail. http://www.jet.ac.jp/en/guidance.html
- Major academic results
- Major academic results in 2016.
Keio University Graduate School, Waseda University Graduate School, Aoyama Gakuin University Graduate School, Tokyo University of Science Graduate School, Bunka Gakuen University Graduate School, Tama University Graduate School, Takushoku University Graduate School, Tokai University Graduate School.
Tokyo Institute of Technology, Shibaura Institute of Technology, Meiji University, Sophia University, Tama Art University, Musashino Art University, Meiji Gakuin University, Tokyo Woman's Christian University, Kansai University, Hosei University, Toyo University, Chuo University, Nihon University, Japan Women’s University, Takushoku University, Tokyo University of Agriculture, Tokyo University of Sciences, Yamaguchi Prefectural University.
Bunka Institute of Language, Tokyo Designer Gakuin College, Nippon Designer School, Kuwasawa Design School, Tokyo Animation College, Tokyo Net Wave College, Tokyo Mode Gakuen, Nippon Engineering College, ESP Musical Academy, Chuo College of Technology, Tokyo College of Culinary and Confectionery Arts, Tokyo Intitute of Tourism, Tokyo School of Business, Hospitality and Tourism College.
In 2016, 10 graduates get employed in Japan.
- Enrollment period
- April admission: September 1 to middle of November. October admission: March 1 to middle of May.
- Results announcement period
- April term students: End of February. October term students: End of August.
- Class type (afternoon/evening)
- Scholarship availability
- Employment support
- Student housing
- Student housing costs
- Entrance fee 50,000 yen, Rent 50,000 yen/ month, Deposit 30,000 yen, Fire insurance 6,000 yen, water bill 1,500 yen/ month, and Utility costs per month.
- Course capacity
- Halal meal availability
- Place of worship availability
- Part time work support
- In principle, we do not introduce a part-time job.