Ever since its foundation, Hosei University has adhered to its founding principles of Liberty and Progress in educating individuals able to meet the challenges of new problems as they arise, with innovative thinking and ideas. The University accepted students from Asia early on, and these students have become leading pioneers in their home countries.
In just under a decade, 2023, the University sees itself as a result of its Globalization Policy as a truly “open university”-- one that is open to the world, to the public, to innovative ideas--a university that contributes to the creation of a peaceful and sustainable global society.
1. Educating individuals capable of working and living anywhere in the world
2. Creating a global campus with the expansion of the University’s international students and exchange student programs
3. Improving and internationalizing its academic and research structure
4. Creating global and global related networks with alumni, high schools and other communities
【Message from the university】
Hosei University takes on many foreign students, many of whom belong to the Hosei University Foreign Students group. Come and enjoy a full overseas student life at Hosei University.
- 2-17-1 Fujimi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 102-8160, Japan
- Nearest stations
- Related to studying abroad：http://www.global.hosei.ac.jp/
- Admission requirements
- 1. Applicants must have foreign nationality.
2. Applicants must have completed a 12-year school education program (other than a Japanese school program) in a foreign country and qualified for admission to university in that country, or attained an equivalent standard.
3. Applicants must take the Examination for Japanese University Admission for International Students (EJU) in certain subjects specified by Hosei University.
*Application conditions vary depending on the entrance examination. Please read the Entrance Examination Guidelines for details.
- Selection method
- As well as a general entrance examination, there are also the following two special entrance examinations:
- Entrance Examination for International Students
- Entrance Examination Consisting of Documentary Screening for International Students
For details such as requirement of aplication, examination subjects, etc. please refer to the Entrance Examination Guidelinens.
The Entrance Examination Guidelines are on the Hosei University website:
For inquiries about our selection procedures, contact the Hosei University Admissions Center:
Telephone: 03-3264-9312 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Home countries of the international students
- China, South Korea, Taiwan, Vietnam, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Malaysia, Myanmar
- University enrollment capacity
- 6,441 (undergraduate)
Faculties and Departments
|Faculty names||Department names||
(four or six years)
|Faculty of Law|
|Faculty of Letters|
|Faculty of Economics|
|Faculty of Social Sciences|
|Faculty of Business Administration|
|Faculty of Intercultural Communication||Department of Intercultural Communication||4,788,000|
|Faculty of Humanity and Environment||Department of Humanity and Environment||4,244,000|
|Faculty of Social Policy and Administration|
|Faculty of Lifelong Learning and Career Studies||Department of Lifelong Learning and Career Studies||4,328,000|
|Faculty of Global and Interdisciplinary Studies||Department of Global and Interdisciplinary Studies||5,268,000|
|Faculty of Sports and Health Studies||Department of Sports and Health Studies||5,064,000|
|Faculty of Computer and Information Sciences|
|Faculty of Engineering and Design|
|Faculty of Science and Engineering|
|Faculty of Bioscience and Applied Chemistry|
|Faculty names||Faculty of Law||Faculty of Letters||Faculty of Economics||Faculty of Social Sciences||Faculty of Business Administration||Faculty of Intercultural Communication||Faculty of Humanity and Environment||Faculty of Social Policy and Administration||Faculty of Lifelong Learning and Career Studies||Faculty of Global and Interdisciplinary Studies||Faculty of Sports and Health Studies||Faculty of Computer and Information Sciences||Faculty of Engineering and Design||Faculty of Science and Engineering||Faculty of Bioscience and Applied Chemistry|
|Department names||Department of Law||Department of Political Science||Department of Global Politics||Department of Philosophy||Department of Japanese||Department of English||Department of History||Department of Geography||Department of Psychology||Department of Economics||Department of International Economics||Department of Business Economics||Department of Policy Science on Society||Department of Sociology||Department of Media and Communication Studies||Department of Business Administration||Department of Business Strategy||Department of Markets and Management||Department of Intercultural Communication||Department of Humanity and Environment||Department of Community Development||Department of Clinical Psychology||Department of Lifelong Learning and Career Studies||Department of Global and Interdisciplinary Studies||Department of Sports and Health Studies||Department of Computer Science||Department of Digital Media||Department of Architecture||Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering||Department of Engineering and Design||Department of Mechanical Engineering (except Course of Aviation Technology)||Department of Electronics and Electrical Engineering||Department of Applied Informatics||Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering||Department of Advanced Sciences||Department of Frontier Bioscience||Department of Chemical Science and Technology||Department of Clinical Plant Science|
(four or six years)
- Specialty of the University
Wealth of academic disciplines offered by 15 faculties
Three distinctive campuses in Tokyo
Traditional university founded in 1880 and known as one of Tokyo's 6 major universities.
- Employment support
- Major employment results
- Enrollment period
- Scholarship availability
Systems available including the Hosei International Fund Foreign Scholars Fellowship Program which provides a total of 1 million yen to several outstanding students per year
- Student housing
Accommodation for which Hosei University signs a contract
- Student housing costs
- 70,000 to 100,000 yen / month
- Halal meal availability
- Place of worship availability
- Part time work support