Terms and Conditions
You x Study x Japan Terms and Conditions
Article 1 (Members)
1 The term "Member" refers to individuals who have agreed to this Agreement in accordance with the procedures described by the Company, and gone through the members' admission procedures.
2. The term “Member Information” refers to information disclosed by the Member to the Company regarding the Member's attributes, or information regarding the Member's transaction history.
3 This Agreement applies to all Members, and must be observed during and after registration.
Article 2 (Registration)
1. Membership Requirements
Customers who complete the application procedures after agreeing to this Agreement will qualify as Members upon completing the set application procedure. Membership procedures must be carried out by the individual who intends to become a Member. Registration by an agent is not allowed. In addition to this, individuals who have had their membership qualifications revoked, or who have been deemed by the Company to have performed any other inappropriate action, may be refused registration.
2. Inputting Member Information
At the time of Member registration, please pay close attention to the notices during input, and enter the required information in the predetermined input form exactly as requested. During registration of Members information, please refrain from using special characters, obsolete kanji, or Roman numerals. If these characters are used, the Company reserves the right to change them.
3. Password Management
(1) The Member's Password is for the sole use of the Member, and shall not be transfered or loaned to a third party.
(2) Passwords shall be changed on a regular basis to ensure their effectiveness. Management of passwords shall be the sole responsibility of the Member.
(3) The use of the Password is seen as a declaration of intention by the Company, and regardless of whether the Password is used by the Member themselves, all financial responsibility for payments resulting from the use of the Password will be the sole responsibility of the Member.
Article 3 (Alteration)
1. If there is any change made to the details the Member provided to the Company, such as name, address, etc., it is the responsibility of the Member to contact the Company immediately.
2. The Company accepts no responsibility for damages caused by failure to update details. Also, please be aware that even if Member details are updated, transactions made before the details were updated will be based on the details before the update.
Article 4 (Withdrawal)
If a Member wishes to end their subscription, the Member themselves must go through the procedure to end their subscription. When the fixed procedure for ending subscription is complete, the Member has officially ended their subscription.
Article 5 (Loss of Membership Benefits and Requirement for Compensation)
1. When the Member is found to have made a false declaration, or has been found to have performed any other action deemed inappropriate by the Company, their membership may be revoked.
2. If a Member has committed any of the following acts, they shall bear sole financial responsibility for any damage made to the Company.
(1) Improper use of the Members membership number and Password.
(2) Accessing the Company web page in order to alter information or disseminate harmful computer programs that damage the business interests of the Company.
(3) Infringing on the intellectual property of the Company and its related products.
(4) Other actions contrary to this Agreement.
Article 6 (Handling of Member Information)
1. The Company will, in principle, not disclose any Member Information to a third party without prior consent. However, in the following cases, the Company may disclose Member Information and other customer information without prior consent.
(1) When there is a legal requirement for disclosure.
(2) When the Company has deemed that disclosure is necessary in order to protect the Company's rights, profits, or good name, etc.
2. The Company will manage Member Information in accordance with the Company's “Commitment to the Protection of Personal Information.” The Company alone will use the Member Information, in order to provide Services to the Member, to improve the contents provided, to promote the Service, and to ensure the smooth and sound provision of Services and the security of Company operations.
3. The Company will endeavor to provide information to Members through the Mail Magazine and other avenues (including advertisements). If the Member does not wish to receive information, they should notify the Company in the prescribed manner, and transmission of information will cease. However, Members will not be able to stop the provision of information necessary for operation of the Service.
Article 7 (Prohibited Actions)
While using this Service, it is prohibited for the Member to perform any of the following actions.
2. Anything that undermines the rights, profits, good name, etc. of the Company or any other third party.
3. Any deed which is liable to have an adverse influence on the health and wellbeing of children, or any other offense to public order and morals.
4. Any other action that could cause trouble or discomfort to another user, or any other third party.
5. Entering false information.
6. Transmitting, posting, or emailing any harmful computer program.
7. Illegal access to Company servers or any other computer.
8. Sharing, selling, or transferring your Password with a third party.
9. Other actions that the Company deems inappropriate.
Article 8 (Suspension or Interruption of Service)
1. In order to maintain the efficient running of The Service, the Company may halt all or part of the Service without notice in the event of any of the following.
(1) When it is required for periodic or emergency system maintenance.
(2) When the server load is concentrated on the system.
(3) When system operations become difficult due to fire, power failure, damage by a third party, etc.
(4) Other instances where the Company deems it unavoidable to halt the Service.
Article 9 (Change or Termination of Service)
The Company reserves the right, at its discretion, to alter or cease, as appropriate, all or part of the Service without prior notice.
Article 10 (Disclaimer)
1. The Company shall not be liable for damage caused by system interruptions as the result of damage to computers or transmission lines, or for damage resulting from delays, suspensions, loss of data, unauthorized access to data, etc. or any other damages to the Service as the result of the Member's actions.
2. The Company does not guarantee that email sent from the Company's web page, server, or domain does not contain computer viruses, etc.
3. The Company accepts no responsibility for damage resulting from a breach of this Agreement.
Article 11 (Revisions to this Agreement)
The Company reserves the right to update this Agreement at its discretion, or to establish any other agreements (hereafter “Supplementary Agreements”) in addition to this Agreement. Supplements or additions to this Agreement will come into effect from the time that the updated Agreement or Supplementary Agreement is posted on the Company's website. In this case, Members are subject to the updated Agreement or the Supplementary Agreement.
Article 12 (Governing Law and Legal Jurisdiction)
In the event of any dispute arising from this Agreement, the court of exclusive jurisdiction shall, in the first instance, be the district court holding jurisdiction over the Company's head office.